Monday 3 September 2012

Spring 20 day challenge

Welcome Spring!

It is absolutly gorgeous and sunny outside today. As Levi has pointed out to me, I don't need to dress him in so many layers anymore :)

Well, with Spring comes the Spring cleaning.  This year, 'The Organised Housewife' has set a 20 day challenge. I decided that I would try it.  With three kids, it seemed easier to do it in 20 days rather then wearing myself out and (probably not) getting it all done over a couple of days.

I decided that with the challenge, I would work at memorising scripture and would also have one person or thing to pray for while I'm slaving away :)

So, day One...
The task was to clean the kitchen
The passage to memorise was Proverbs 31:10 - 12
And the person to pray for was Ben

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.

Kitchen: Before
Kitchen: After
 
So far I am loving this challenge. I am really loving the prayer time also. I think I might adopt this cleaning and prayer idea for every day.

Thankfully, the kids were very good while I cleaned so I got it done in good timing and could also spend time with them.

While I cleaned this is what Mr Lazy was doing :)

1 comment:

  1. very cool gin gin :) i haven't seen your blog for a while- i didn't know you'd added a knew post.

    ReplyDelete